Low-protein recipe; Makes 10 servings
Go classically nutty with this snack recipe. Imagine caramel popcorn with these delicious nuts, snacks will never be the same.
unpopped Popcorn (19 cups popped)
Cream of tartar
1. In a large roasting pan, layer popcorn evenly with almonds and pecans.
2. In large heavy saucepan, stir together sugars, butter, corn syrup and cream of tartar.
3. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Let boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
4. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour caramel evenly over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat well. Bake at 200 degress for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
5. Let cool, stirring occasionally. Store in airtight tin for up to one week.