Low-sodium recipe; Makes 20 servings
Master the classic bread-making technique with this recipe. Scroll down to learn how to make this low-sodium renal diet recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Combine hot water, shortening, and sugar in a large bowl. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
4. Add egg, yeast, and half the flour to the mixture in the large bowl. Beat well.
5. Stir in the remaining flour with a spoon until easy to handle.
6. Place dough in a greased bowl; grease top and cover top with plastic wrap.
7. Allow to rest 1 to 1 ½ hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
8. Cut off amount needed to shape rolls.
9. Bake rolls for 12 minutes or until done.