Low-protein recipe; Makes 9 servings
Experiment even on the simplest food with this egg recipe. Scroll down to learn how to make this kidney-friendly dish.
asparagus, blanched and chopped
onions, diced and lightly sautéed
large eggs, beaten
fresh ground black pepper
crushed red pepper flakes
granulated garlic powder
and 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese at room temperature
Non-stick cooking spray
chives, chopped for garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Blanch asparagus by adding asparagus to a pot of boiling water for 10 seconds.
2. Strain boiling water off and quickly transfer to ready bowl of ice and water. Let cool then strain off water, dry completely and set aside. Lightly sauté onions in olive oil.
3. In large bowl, beat eggs, black pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, and ½ cup cream cheese until well mixed.
4. Fold in Gruyere cheese, sautéed onions, and prepped asparagus. Prepare muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray covering 9 muffin cups. Ladle equal amounts of mixture into the sprayed muffin tin cups.
5. Place muffin tin on sheet tray and bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 F. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before attempting to remove from pan.
6. Garnish with a ½ teaspoon dollop of cream cheese and sprinkle with chives.