These sweet muffins incorporated made from corn meal for a bigger corn taste.
Makes 12 servings.
Low Potassium Recipe
Sodium 85 mg
Protein 3 g
Potassium 40 mg
Phosphorus 100 mg
Calcium 64 mg
Calories 124 kcal
Fat 3 g
Water 60 g
Carbohydrates 23 g
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup plain cornmeal, white or yellow
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup unenriched rice milk
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted or 2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, combine egg substitute, rice milk and melted butter.
4. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until moistened.
5. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Serve warm