Low-protein recipe; Makes 24 servings
This rich cake recipe is made with a large amount of butter and eggs. It also serves as cake base for other delectable variety of cakes.
butter or margarine
grated lemon rind
all-purpose flour, sifted.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add sugar and rind; cream thoroughly.
4. Add lemon extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Gradually add flour; mix well.
6. Pour into greased and floured 10" tube pan or bundt pan.
7. Bake one hour and 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
8. Remove from pan and cool.