Master the classic bread-making technique with this recipe. Makes 20 servings.
Low Sodium Recipe
Sodium 5 mg
Protein 3 g
Potassium 31 mg
Phosphorus 32 mg
Calcium 5 mg
Calories 148 kcal
Fat 4 g
Water 100 g
Carbohydrates 24 g
- 1 cup hot water
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 2 tablespoons of warm water
- 1 egg
- 3 ¾-4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Combine hot water, shortening, and sugar in a large bowl. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
4. Add egg, yeast, and half the flour to the mixture in the large bowl. Beat well.
5. Stir in the remaining flour with a spoon until easy to handle.
6. Place dough in a greased bowl; grease top and cover top with plastic wrap.
7. Allow to rest 1 to 1 ½ hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
8. Cut off amount needed to shape rolls.
9. Bake rolls for 12 minutes or until done.