A perfect way to start the day. The aroma that cinnamon brings helps relaxes the mind -- a sweet morning treat. Makes 4 servings.
Breakfast, Low Phosphorus
Sodium 194 mg
Protein 7 g
Potassium 128 mg
Phosphorus 61 mg
Calcium 60 mg
Calories 125 cal
Fat 5 g
Water 20 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
- 4 large egg whites, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 4 slices white bread (may be toasted)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
1. Add milk, cinnamon and allspice to egg whites.
2. Dip bread into batter one piece at a time.
3. Place on heated grill or in skillet with melted margarine or butter.
4. Turn bread after it is golden brown.
5. Serve hot with syrup (sugar-free if diabetic).