Enjoy Lunch/Dinner with a flavorful chicken meal with its amazing blend of spices and lemon. Makes 4 servings.
Low Sodium Recipe
Sodium 63 mg
Protein 19 g
Potassium 151 mg
Phosphorus 123 mg
Calcium 60 mg
Calories 281 kcal
Fat 20 g
Water 30 g
Carbohydrates 7 g
- 4 T unsalted butter (half chilled), divided
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice, plus zest of one lemon
- 1 T fresh chopped oregano
- 1 T fresh chopped basil
- 1 T fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup Japanese bread crumbs (Panko)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 T water (1 T for the egg wash, 2 T for the finishing of the sauce)
- 6 (2-oz) chicken tenders
1. Preheat 2 T of butter on medium-low heat.
2. Add zest of one lemon and half the herbs to bread crumbs, save the rest for lemon sauce.
3. Beat egg yolk with 1 T water.
4. Place chicken tenders between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with small groove side of mallet until thin, but not ripped.
5. Dip chicken in egg wash mixture then in herbed breadcrumb mixture until coated.
6. Place breaded chicken in sauté pan with melted butter only after increasing heat to medium.
7. Cook chicken, approximately 2 to 3 minutes each side.
8. Remove chicken and place on sheet tray to rest.
9. In same pan, add remaining herbs, water, and lemon juice, then heat until simmering.
10. Turn off heat; cube remaining 2 T of chilled butter and add to sauce (stir vigorously).
11. Slice the chicken on the bias.
12. Placed sliced chicken on a plate, pour the sauce over the top, and add garnishes.