A healthy melt-in-your-mouth snack and dessert. This amazing squash and pineapple recipe just changes how autumn cooking will smell and taste like. Makes 2 servings.
Low Sodium Recipe
Sodium 92 mg
Protein 2 g
Potassium 795 mg
Phosphorus 80 mg
Calcium 70 mg
Calories 236 kcal
Fat 3 g
Water 25 g
Carbohydrates 40 g
- 1 Acorn squash (cut in half, seeded)
- 2 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp Margarine or Butter
- 3 Tbsp Pineapple (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp Margarine or Butter
1. Place squash with cut side up in greased baking pan.
2. Place one teaspoon butter plus one teaspoon brown sugar in each acorn half.
3. Bake squash, covered, at 400ªF until tender, approximately 30 minutes. Scoop out cooked squash out of shells, leaving 1/4 inch thick shell.
4. Mix cooked squash, pineapple, butter, and nutmeg. Beat until smooth.
5. Spoon mixture into shells; heat at 425ªF for approximately 15 minutes.