Low-protein recipe; Makes 8 servings
Cook pasta and enjoy the richness of vitamin B complex and potassium found in cauliflower.
medium head cauliflower
crushed red pepper
low-sodium chicken broth
whole wheat linguine, uncooked
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Wash cauliflower and cut into bite-sized pieces. Finely chop onion and mince garlic.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes until onion is transparent.
3. Add cauliflower, black and red pepper and sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and allow cauliflower to cook until tender.
5. Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain and return to the pot used to cook it. Add several spoonfuls of the broth from cauliflower mixture to linguine and toss to prevent sticking.
6. Divide linguine into 8 individual servings and top with cauliflower and broth.
7. Add 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese and more black and red pepper to taste. Chop parsley and garnish each serving evenly.