Low-protein recipe; Makes 12 servings
Pancit is originally a chinese dish. Made out from noodles infused with meat, seafoods, and vegetables.
reduced-sodium soy sauce
low-sodium chicken broth
rice sticks (Asian rice noodles)
frozen snow peas
egg, hard boiled
1. Mince garlic and dice onion. Shred carrots and cabbage and diagonally cut celery. Rinely chop green onions.
2. In a wok or large skillet, over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until soft.
3. Stir in chicken, shrimp and soy sauce. Add 3 cups chicken broth and bring to boil.
4. Add noodles using 2 wooden spoons to stir in noodles. Cook for 15 minutes until noodles are translucent. Be careful that noodles don’t become gummy. May need to add more broth (or water) to prevent this from happening.
5. Add vegetables and cook until cabbage begins to soften.
6. Transfer pancit to a serving dish and garnish with sliced eggs, green onions and one lemon sliced into wedges.
7. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over top of noodles before serving. Serve immediately.