Check out this easy-to-prepare, vegetarian cereal meal. Makes 6 servings.
Sodium 7 mg
Protein 5 g
Potassium 166 mg
Phosphorus 108 mg
Calcium 116 mg
Calories 376 cal
Fat 1 g
Water 900 g
Carbohydrates 85 g
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups cream of rice or other hot rice
- cereal, grits, or cream of wheat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium pot. Whisk in cereal and lower heat.
2. Continue to stir until mixture is smooth.
3. Reduce to a simmer. Stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Allow to cook, stirring, until desired texture is attained.