Invite family to the dinner table with the spicy aroma and delicious flavor of sweet muffins.
Makes 12 servings.
Low Potassium Recipe
Sodium 154 mg
Protein 4 g
Potassium 80 mg
Phosphorus 81 mg
Calcium 107 mg
Calories 216 kcal
Fat 8 g
Water 60 g
Carbohydrates 32 g
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl lightly beat the eggs. Beat in the milk, oil, brown sugar and corn syrup.
3. In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined: do not over mix.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch.
5. Remove from oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm with butter or cream cheese.